ncmic claims team ... ready to help you
Naturopathic Doctors who have chosen NCMIC have access to our top-notch claims representatives ... even if they never face a claim. With over 300 years of combined experience in claims handling, they are ready to help you whether you're facing a malpractice allegation or board complaint, or just have a question.
Concern? call our hotline
You should never hesitate to call our Claims Advice Hotline if you have a troubling incident while you're practicing. It's a benefit of being an NCMIC policyholder. Your claims representative will listen to your concern and offer advice. Remember, as your malpractice insurance company, we want to help you in these situations. We may be able to prevent things from escalating to an actual claim.
what to do if you're served with a lawsuit or receive notice of a claim
- Contact the NCMIC Claims Department immediately at 800-242-4052.
- Have the following information ready:
- Patient information and nature of claimed injury (if known)
- Date, time and place of the alleged incident
- Medical records
- The lawsuit or nature of the claim
- IMPORTANT: Do not change your original records in any way.
- Place the entire original patient chart in a secure location.
- Maintain a separate file for correspondence and documents from NCMIC and/or your defense counsel, as well as any legal documents. DO NOT place any of these materials in the patient chart.
- Be prepared to commit your time to the defense of the claim. The process can be lengthy. Your cooperation and involvement will help the matter be resolved in the most favorable manner.